Popular Posts

Monday, November 07, 2005

A Letter to Bill Gates

To those who might find this of interest: I dedicated the book mentioned in this letter to Bill Gates. I am not a fan of Bill Gates, am not a high tech nerd, and do not think Microsoft is the answer to the future well being of civilization. I don’t know Bill Gates. I read his biography and found it hardly the work of a literary mind much less a book of intrinsic significance. But I do admire the man who has never been captive to his wealth and has done his level best to share it with the world. His genius, if he is the measure of such, is his humanity, and it is for that reason that I dedicated my book to him. I wrote him this letter and never received an acknowledgement or response, but I didn’t expect to, as he is far more occupied than I a mere scribbler of words.






James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
The Delta Group Florida
6714 Jennifer Drive
Temple Terrace, Florida 33617
Phone/Fax: (813) 989-3631
E-Mail: TheDeltaGrpFL@cs.com

February 14, 2001

Mr. Bill Gates
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399

Dear Mr. Gates,

Your leadership, against a dearth of such leadership, prompted me to dedicate my new book to you titled Corporate Sin: Leaderless Leadership and Dissonant Workers (AuthorHouse December 2000).

It is my belief that most companies have the people, the skills, and the desire to contribute, but that people are not given permission to contribute. The silent hand of the corporate culture provides such permission.

For the past eleven years I have attempted to educate senior management to this situation and need, producing seven books and more than 300 articles, but quite frankly, without much success. That is why your leadership, your going against the grain of prevailing norms to assert your beliefs, has had a profound impact on me. I only wish there were more evidence of such courage and resolve.

In any case my book, and the enclosed article, is a sample of my quiet revolution to bring more senior managers out of the darkness of what was and into the light of what is.

May the wind always be at your back.

Sincerely,



James R. Fisher, Jr.

Enclosed: book/article

No comments:

Post a Comment