Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

EQUALITY IN FACT FOLLOWS EQUALITY IN MIND!

EQUALITY IN FACT FOLLOWS EQUALITY IN MIND!

James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
© December 20, 2009
Inauguration Day of 44th President of the United States,
Barak Obama

“The equality of conditions is more complete in the Christian countries of the present day, than it has been at any time, or in any part of the world. Its gradual development is a providential fact, and it possesses all the characteristics of a divine decree; it is universal, it is durable, and it constantly eludes all human interference; and all events as well as all men, contribute to its progress.”

Alexis de Tocqueville (1805 – 1859), French statesman from DEMOCRACY IN AMERICA (1840)

Reference: This is from an African American friend I've known and worked with as a consultant for nearly twenty years. He is an outstanding community leader, and a tribute to the Tampa Bay Community.

A WRITER WRITES:

Jim,

Thanks for keeping me on your contact list.

Today, I, along with the world, will feel a wealth of emotions as Barack Obama is sworn in as our 44th President of United States.

Earlier this evening I read your comments about what this moment means to little black boys and girls. My memory goes back to the early 1960's when my mother took me to join a Cub Scout Pack at a local church a few blocks from my neighborhood home. I recall a conversation she had with a white leader of the pack who told her that her son could not join the pack because it was only for white boys. We have come a long way as a nation and society and I wish my Mom were here physically to see him sworn in and rejoice in his election. I trust that she, my father and others who fought so hard are celebrating in heaven, as we are on earth.

I hold no hard feelings toward those who denied me the opportunity to join that Cub Scout pack that night. Soon after that event other doors were opened that were even more welcoming to me and others of different ethnic backgrounds. God is good!

Barack Obama is one person. He has the opportunity to make a difference, but it will take all of us to turn this ship around and head it in the right direction for our nation to succeed and rise to prominence again. And yes, we can do it.

Best regards,

Buddy

DR. FISHER RESPONDS:

Buddy,

I am sorry your parents didn't live to see this moment, but I'm glad we both did. God Bless President Barak Obama, and God Bless America!

Always be well,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment