Popular Posts

Thursday, January 07, 2010

MURDERERS TOO CLOSE TO HOME, BODY PARTS, FLIMFLAM ARTISTS, AND DEATH'S "AURA" -- THOUGHTS GENERATED BY "THE FUTURE -- EXPONENTIAL FORCES ...."

MURDERERS TOO CLOSE TO HOME, BODY PARTS, FLIMFLAM ARTISTS, AND DEATH’S AURA – THOUGHTS GENERATED BY “THE FUTURE – EXPONENTIAL FORCES…”

James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
© January 7, 2010

REFERENCE:

What seemed to catch the imagination of this piece was the reference to instinct. Here are some comments regarding that aspect of us.

* * *

A READER WRITES:

I found many parts of this missive very interesting. I do think there are some of us who instinctively know when people are "creepy" and avoid them. In some cases we point them out to others and then check with them to see their take on such people.

It is not necessarily anything they say or do. It is something about their "aura" or body language that triggers a sense of wariness.

I have learned to read people very accurately (probably via facial cues learned as a child) and thus stay clear of them. I trust my inner guide to human behavior-psychology-attitude and trust it as my guide.

There are times when people have come into my life through friends and immediately I sensed danger. I warned my husband each time and proved my inner guide was correct. They were dodgy people.

A friend bought shares in a shady company against my advice, after a friend of his said he could trust the man. He never saw the man again. Feeling guilty for doing so, he refunded half the money his friend lost since he felt it was his fault.

The same thing happened again, not once but twice. Once as a result of another friend of this same friend, and another time, if you can believe it, one of these men got into a shoot-out with the police in a hotel in Miami.

So, I obey my instincts. An air conditioning repairman at my work many years ago, set off my alarms as he asked me to direct him to the control panel for the air conditioners in the building. I excused myself, momentarily, and got a man I worked with to accompany us to the air conditioner room.

The next week air conditioning man was arrested for the kidnapping and murder of several women. Various body parts were found buried around his house. This is too long a response to your missive, sorry.

* * *

DR. FISHER RESPONDS:

This reads like a mystery novel. I am not surprised at your perspicacity. Everyone has this mechanism. Some have called instinct the primordial brain. We all have it few use it.

I like your reference to "aura." One time I was sitting talking to a man, and saw a green aura around him, and told his daughter, "Your father is going to die." She thought I was kidding. I was blunt because the aura was disturbing and I thought it a warning.

He wasn't sick at the time, but was diagnosed a couple months later with stomach cancer and died quickly after that, actually in a manner of weeks.

BB will enjoy your note because she has had the similar experiences with me. I am a feeler-thinker rather than a thinking-feeler.

Your reference to the “flimflam man” also struck a cord. A close friend of mine was describing this “investor” who had a $2 million yacht and lived the life rich and the beautiful claimed he could get a 25 percent return on his money.

I said, “Is he listed on the New York Stock Exchange?”

“No, but he’s thinking of putting together an IPO (Initial Public Offering).”

“What do you know about him?”

“He’s a friend of my brother-in-law?”

“Well, you’re brother-in-law’s friendship is no guarantee it is a sound investment, now is it?”

“I’ve been on his yacht and shot the shit with the guy. I think he’s okay.”

He invested $27,000 with the Flimflam Man two years ago, and hasn’t seen a cent of it in return. One day he showed me his “stock certificate.” It looked as authentic as a three-dollar bill.

The lesson here is that it takes two to make a flimflam contract, so both are equally devious in my book.

* * *

THE FISHER PARADIGM™ was created to help people harness these instinctual gifts we are given at birth. Since I’ve read your comment, I plan to post it on my blog (www.fisherofideas.com),

Thank you for your response, and always be well,

Jim

* * *

A READER RESPONDS (AGAIN):

Well, life is a mystery novel! No one ever knows for sure what is going to happen at any moment so if you don't like surprises, you might as well get out of the way!

It is strange, though, the things like that they have happened to me.

A friend disappeared eighteen years ago and has never been found. Her door was standing open, her pocket book on the table, and that was all that was ever found. She worked with me, her younger sister still does. I have never gotten over her being gone. We know she is dead but it is hard to accept when there is no body.

Perhaps that is why we like mystery novels. We know danger is all around us, just like many of the mysteries, and it gives us some peace that they are only stories and not like my disappearing friend, something real.

* * *

DR. FISHER RESPONDS:

Amen!

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment