Popular Posts

Saturday, July 14, 2012

"YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!"

"YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!"

James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
© July 14, 2012

As those that read my blog, and are someone addicted to my missives, you know that I operate mainly below the radar, that I am an outsider, and comfortable in that role, and that I write whatever my peripatetic wanderings come to mind as I walk. 

Even so, I have published ten books, and am trying, some might say desperately, to get my novel A GREEN ISLAND IN A BLACK SEA published. 

A reader writes, and asked me what one of my autograph books is selling for as a collectible.  I had no idea.  Check out http://www.alibris.com/, he said, and see what an autograph copy of SIX SILENT KILLERS: MANAGEMENT’S GREATEST CHALLENGE (1998) is listed for.

So, I did.  I asked BB to come and look at the screen.  She just smiled.  “It doesn’t even get five stars,” she offered, as I moved down to its rating.  Sure enough, it only gets three stars. 

“Maybe it’s because it is different,” I suggested. 

“You’re different that’s for sure.”

We both found it incredulous if not meaningless, but there it was in bold type. Six Silent Killers (collectible): $16,452.88.

I autographed only about fifty copies when it came out.  Perhaps this is one of them.  I don’t even think I autographed the local copy at the public library.  Oh well, so much for ”you just never know.”

*     *     *

No comments:

Post a Comment