Popular Posts

Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Peripatetic Philosopher reminds the reader:

IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR COURAGE, LOOK TO WOMEN!

JAMES RAYMOND FISHER, JR., Ph.D.
© February 23, 2017

A READER WRITES

Your book should be high on President Trump's "must read" list (assuming he reads books). His heavy Iron Fist needs a Velvet Glove (beyond what Melania and Ivanka provide); otherwise, we invite negative synergy into oval office of the white house (a square peg in an oval hole).



DR. FISHER RESPONDS

Thanks, but we know that will not happen.  President Trump is the face of macho, “The buck stops here” bravado.  He didn’t invent this style, but it has been perpetrated throughout civilization virtually from the dawn of man.  We see God as a man, and the Bible has woman being conceived from a rib of man.  And all the great religious leaders throughout history are men. 

I made a pivot away from this with Corporate Sin (2000) with the Feminine Paradigm.  THE VELVET GLOVE & IRON FIST is a more mature projection of this idea that has been with me all my life. 

I am an idea guy and all my ideas emanate from my reading, reflection and empirical experience.  

My mother was a strong woman, handicapped with little ability to hear, but otherwise not handicapped at all.  My da was physically courageous, which is championed in our male dominated society, but my mother had moral courage, the courage to boldly project herself into the fray keeping our family together, although ill a good part of her life; able to keep the bill collectors away; and able to guide me into the life that I have enjoyed.

Throughout my life I have been disappointed with the moral courage of men with whom I’ve studied, worked and managed, but I’ve seldom been disappointed with women who have been in my life.  I was blessed 31 years ago by marrying my wife Betty, who has a center, who is gracious, loving and kind, but if you disrespect her, if you violate her center, she will surprise you with the other side of her that will shatter those who see women as the inferior side of the human species.  I learned this the hard way by disturbing this tiger in her tank, and now smile with gratitude for her being my best teacher and friend who is not afraid to tell me – and often does – when I am acting like a sanctimonious pompous ass. 

President Trump has a daughter like my BB who could teach him far more than he would get reading my book.  She is the grace under pressure with the civility and maturity that he lacks in his locker room jockdom vulgarity.

Today, in the Tampa Bay Times is a front page story: Winston pep talk sends wrong message.   

It is written by sports reporter Tom Jones, who is one of my favorite for his balance and perspicacity.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston was giving of his valuable time by speaking to the elementary students at Melrose Elementary, a troubled school in the Tampa Bay area.  When some of the boys seemed bored, he directed the boys to stand up and the girls to remain seated.  Then he said:

“Now a lot of boys aren’t supposed to be soft-spoken.  You know what I’m saying?  One day y’all are going to have a very deep voice like this (in deep voice).  One day, you’ll have a very, very deep voice.

“But the ladies, they’re supposed to be silent, polite, gentle.  My men, my men are supposed to be strong.  I want y’all to tell me what the third rule is: I can do anything I put my mind to.  Scream it!”

I played four years of high school football with an opportunity – with letters of intent – to play at four universities, but I declined to focus on academics.  I went back to a high school basketball game, and approached my high school football coach to say “hello,” and he walked away from me.  I had not honored any of these letters of intent. 

THE VELVET GLOVE & IRON FIST is my most direct attempt to celebrate the ascendency of the Feminine Paradigm into the prominence that it deserves.  The book is about the pivot of society from left brain dominated masculine thinking to the full complement of right brain or feminine thinking.  

We are not there yet, and I don’t expect men in power to be interested in reading my new book.  Earlier in 1996 when I came out with SIX SILENT KILLERS, a Wall Street Journal writer said every executive in America should read the book.  Of course, they didn’t. 


A philosopher said ideas are weapons, and I deal with these weapons being not at all concerned that they may fail to hit their mark in my life time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment