Popular Posts

Friday, June 19, 2020

BIG BROTHER IS NEARER THAN YOU THINK

James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
© June 19, 2020

I wrote a piece titled “CORRUPT SCIENCE” in which I said in the process these words:

We are now victims of manipulation at a level never before experienced by the invisible hand of such electronic wizards as GOOGLE, which now controls 70 percent of our advertisers who pay for the talking heads, and printed words that go into such media outlets as cable television and main line newspapers not to mention where research dollars go. GOOGLE, et al, couldn’t do this without the cooperation of all our sacred institutions and disciplines that are apparently afraid to challenge this predominant mania of the times.


As my readers know, I am an old man with no political ax to grind, and quite tolerant of the nefarious vicissitudes of my fellow global tenants. My late son-in-law, who loved big fancy cars, swift moving boats and living in an elaborate estate for a home, once asked me, “You don’t like any of that stuff. What floats your boat?” I answered matter-of-factly, “Ideas. I am only interested in ideas.”

GOOGLE is an idea that manifests itself with the colossal influence that made the former British and the current American Empire visible, palpable, and readily apparent. If you celebrated or feared them, you had a clear sense of why because they existed right before your eyes. This is not true of GOOGLE. Now, why would I say this?

Something happened yesterday, that may not be significant but only coincidental, but my AOL.com account with my e-mail designation of thedeltagrpfl@cs.com of which I have had for nearly thirty years came across my screen as “about to be terminated” with the adding wordage, “something you initiated, and if not …. bla, bla, bla.”

It astounded me as I receive hundreds of very interesting e-mails in reaction to my missives and books, responses of whatever nature, positive or negative, I delight in reading. 


Once, I responded to every one of them, but that is not possible anymore as I’d never get any writing done.

Stupidly, because I am only negligibly computer literature, I went through the song and dance of satisfying AOL.com that I had no intentions of eliminating my thedeltagrpfl@cs.com account.

When my BB was apprised of my problem this morning, she said quite sagaciously, “I think you have disturbed BIG BROTHER GOOGLE with your recent remarks, and he is letting you know he is not amused.”


“But honey, I am nobody, just a writer with a point of view, and nobody takes me all that seriously.”

“But you’ve let the cat out of the bag by reminding BIG BROTHER GOOGLE that he is not as invisible as he likes to think he is.”

“But that is censorship.”

“No, my dear husband that is business in the 21st century.”








No comments:

Post a Comment