Popular Posts

Thursday, April 30, 2009

ATTENTION BLOGGERS! WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCE?

Currently, I have 384 separate missives posted on my blogger. More than 50 percent of them have been published in some other form elsewhere.

I should tell readers that "yes" there are errors or typos in many of these missives when I send them out to my email address list. Frequently, I massage or correct them after-the-fact such as the latest one saying "shuffle" instead of earlier version of "shovel." I write these rather hastily and mean to create the essence of my thought as if I am speaking to a person. It is a conversational style relying heavily on my memory

My interest in reporting this to you, however, is I've noticed information on my blogger that I can make connection with other bloggers. I don't know what this means. I would like to get my ideas out to a larger audience, but I do not have the time, the temperament or the inclination to do blogging back and forth. My fear is that if I make such connections I will be inundated with exponentially more blog responses.

One of the frustrations of an idea guy is that caring people often respond by recommending this or that book, this or that article, or bluntly asking me to purchase this or that product, without making a single comment on the content or context of what I have said, or the value or lack of value it has had to them.

One of my main criticisms of professors when I was in graduate school was that they couldn't write a simple declarative sentence without having ten references to what someone else had said or written to confirm and corroborate the legitimacy of what they were attempting to say. Consequently, I often didn't have the foggiest notion what they themselves thought. I try to avoid that methodology with no claim to authority other than my own point of view. I pride myself as a free thinker and encourage others to be so as well. Consequently, there are no sacred cows that I will avoid. None!

My question, then, for those who are more blog literate than I am, what has been your experience, and did you get appreciable benefit by extending your blog connections?

Let me know if you can spare the time.

Be always well,
JRF

No comments:

Post a Comment