Popular Posts

Friday, April 17, 2009

THE FISHER PARADIGM -- A WRITER COMMENTS

THE FISHER LEADERSHIP PARADIGM – A WRITER COMMENTS

James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
© April 17, 2009

A WRITER NAMED CARL SAID:

Understanding leadership is not that complicated. Leadership has a foundation and that is “self.” Knowledge of self will make you stronger, please read “The Power of Self Separation.” Professor, author, and teaches (offers) profound concept of trust, safety, and self-separation. If there is anything that I can do to help, please ask.

Have a better day

* * *

DR. FISHER RESPONDS:

Thank you, Carl. I wish it were that simple then all president Obama would have to do is contemplate his navel. I, too, have been a professor, but mainly as an adjunct, but my writing including this missive is from my empirical work at every level of organization and on four continents in countless cultures and international settings.

My views are pragmatic, not academic, and have given me the life that I’ve enjoyed, which, incidentally, was counter to how the big boys at Harvard Business School and the Wharton School of Business have taught leadership.

I do appreciate your comment, and I hope “self separation” works for you. In my case, I’ve found, like the painter, once I merge my ego with the object of my attention, it is more than empathy it is mutual understanding.

Read some of my books listed here, and you might add another dimension to your views.

JRF

No comments:

Post a Comment