Popular Posts

Monday, January 19, 2015

WHY ARE YOU NOT ON BOOK TV?

WHY ARE YOU NOT ON BOOK TV?

James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
© January 19, 2015

A READER WRITES:

Just read your current blog, read it all the time, read a couple of your books, too, and was telling the wife, “This guy has something to say.”  The wife says, “Have you seen him on BOOK TV?"

She knows I’m an addict of C-Span 2 BOOK TV, watch it every weekend and sometimes during the week.  Got me to thinking.  Never seen you on that channel.  Have you ever been on?  Don’t need one of your long essays, don’t get me wrong, I like, but was just wondering.

Curious


DR. FISHER RESPONDS:

Mr. Curious,

I thank you for your interest. 

No, I’ve never been on BOOK TV, although like you, I am a regular viewer. 

I know the channel is always asking watchers to submit names of authors they would like to see interviewed.  That is an option that you might consider.  However, I don’t think that gives any guarantee that I would be interviewed.  They must have some kind of vetting process. 

C-Span 2 BOOK TV deals with nonfiction books, and that is primarily what I write.

As you know, the interviews can be for a few minutes, to a half hour or hour, and then on the first Sunday of every month they have a three-hour interview when the author discusses all his works, and gives the viewer some sense of what, why and where he writes. 

I would be amenable to such an interview be it for a few minutes or more.

Since you follow my blog, and know that I often provide excerpts of what I am working on, it might be fun.  Stay tuned.  Again, thank you for your note.

Be always well,

Jim   


*     *     *

No comments:

Post a Comment