Popular Posts

Friday, April 24, 2015

SOJOURN OF AN INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC


SOJOUR OF AN INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC




Kenneth L. Murrell, Ph.D.





James R. Fisher, Jr., Ph.D.
© April 24, 2015

Kenneth L. Murrell is presently on the faculty of Management at The University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida and president of Empowerment Leadership Systems.

Ken is co-author of Empowerment in Organizations: How to Spark Exceptional Performance and has written over eighty articles, technical papers, chapters, book reviews and research reports. 

In addition, he is developing new programs using the Action Empowerment model he created. "The Organization" simulation is being used in several universities and as a management training tool.

For many years Dr. Murrell devoted his time and attention to working and traveling in the developing countries of Asia, Africa, and South America. 

His most recent U.N. work took him to the Republic of Slovenia and Somalia, East Africa as senior associate and founder of the consulting firm Development Management Associates.


Institute Associates


This is offered as an introduction to my readers across the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and South East and North East Asia to this academic.

I became acquainted with Dr. Murrell in 1991 after he read Work Without Managers: A View from the Trenches (1991), and invited me to speak to his students at the University of West Florida in Pensacola. 

We have kept in touch over the years but only occasionally given his busy teaching and international consulting schedule.  He seemingly is intrigued with my “Jesus Story” as I share it with my readers as I write Search for the Real Parents of My Soul.   

Dr. Murrell, like myself, had an extensive industrial executive career before becoming an academic in the discipline of industrial-social-organizational psychology.  It is for that reason I share his recent e-mail with you.

A READER WRITES:

Jim,

Thank you so much for sharing this (re: The Beauty of Open Exchange:
The “Jesus Story” Unfolds, April 18, 2015). 

I am completing a couple of weeks teaching my German MBA's.  While here in Mannheim, I was able to travel for the first time to Poland. 

This is my 70th country to visit and I do wish I had made a point of getting there years ago.

What has made this trip even more special is being able to follow your conversation about Jesus.  

While in both Warsaw and Krakow, I was able to tour the Jewish museums and old city areas in both cities.   These were great places to learn about the history of both Judaism and Christianity. 

As you may recall, I once lived in Cairo and was able to visit that area’s sacred places as well as Jerusalem and the Holy Land, and those places that are now central to your recreation of the “Jesus Story.”

Likewise, the same is true for Europe with many landmarks left by early Christian missionaries as they worked to convert that Gentile world.

Before working in Germany, I spent two weeks in China and Inner Mongolia where the Buddhist traditions are still quite obvious.

I am off tomorrow back to the states and expect to be able to read even more of your missives on the plane. 

So once again, thanks for creating such nutritious conversations.

Ken


DR. FISHER RESPONDS:

Ken,

Thanks for your response.  You are a busy guy.  Stay well.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment