Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Happy American Thanksgiving to All!

We have been through a rough patch, but a lot of you have as well.  Blessings to you in your struggles.

It is now five months since my open heart surgery.  I am now sleeping normal, walking outside a mile most days, and doing simple exercises.  

The ulna nerve on my left hand hasn't come back yet, and so I am typing with two fingers on my left hand along with my functioning right hand.  

I still only eat twice a day, maintaining my weight at 190, or 36 pounds less than my normal weight.  My cardiologist wants me to stay at this weight for my heart. 

I'm reading a lot, writing some but no big projects at the moment.  

I watch my TV mysteries, NFL games, but don't follow the news, college football or the NBA or college basketball. 

BB is fine, continuously amazing and still my coach and inspiration.  

She is a doer, project manager, task completer, and has still not gotten used to the idea of being retired.  She,too, reads a lot, has her favorite TV programs, and likes to putz around.  Her sister and brother-in-law, and our daughter and her fiance will soon be here, and we are looking forward to that.  

We enjoyed the wedding of our grandson Taylor Fisher and his wife Chelsey who are now on their honeymoon in the Caribbean.  

BB says I danced with her six times with one fast dance.  I didn't keep track as I was worried about even making it to the wedding.  You don't take anything for granted with heart surgery.  

Wherever I am I carry a little notebook, scribbling my thoughts, even at a wedding of more than 100 attendees.  I mention this because I wrote a piece on Taylor's mother, my daughter, who was killed by a hit-and -run driver, and on Jennifer, our daughter whose career shows amazing perseverance.  

Chekhov, who was also an introvert, was given to this same inclination.  Well, I lost the notebook and it pains me.  These instant stories have been some of my best writing.  Oh, well!

Several of you are not Americans, and have your own Thanksgiving Day.  To that event and its purpose, I wish you well,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment